Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Boy and a Flower

It may seem like an ordinary Wednesday to the rest of the world, but it was a special day at our home. We were all just busy with our everyday activities. Since it is Wednesday, we were rushing a bit after school to be sure we included time for Sarah's piano practice, homework and supper before we had to leave for Adventurers.

Ben disappeared out the front door to get the mail and returned safely. I could hear him fiddling with things in the kitchen, but didn't think much of it since he is often up to some project. Moments later he came to me as I was typing on the computer, to present me with this lovely surprise. "This is for you, Mommy." What sweet words. I was just so touched to be the recipient of this small gesture. He had picked a couple of blooms from our Thundercloud Plum Tree in the front yard on his way back from getting the mail. He found one of my Great-grandma's miniature vases in the china cabinet, and carried it so carefully down the hallway to me.

I am relishing in the joy of being a Mom today! This is definitely something to add to my book of blessings. I hope you will stop to enjoy some flowers today, and maybe even share a small bloom with someone!

No comments: